Friday 5 February 2010

To The Lake

I am getting annoyed today with this cursor as it is not being friendly and going where I want it to go.

This week we went for a walk to the lake which is right by Merzouga. An expedition of German speakers; led by Michael, went ahead. There was Michael's friend Petra, a young family with two small daughters Laura and Freya and Norbert from Austria. Ammar went back for my pills as I had forgotten to take them.

Nice weather for walking. Met some camels on the way. They are set free from the auberges and allowed to wander to the lake to drink. An English man was with his Ford Transit admiring the view.

The family and Norbert left us to return to La Petit Prince, which is the auberge where they were stqying with camping cars. We carried on to the barrage where we could hear the songs of frogs from a small offshoot of the lake.



On another day this week we went to Erfoud and I had henna. A girl called Fatima did it.My hands were so cold that a gas can was brought to dry off the henna and to warm my hands. On the way home I picked off the dried henna. So satisfying.



Tomorrow evening we are having a party. Yesterday Ammar did all of the shopping in mud ridden Rissani. Yes there is rain in the desert. He spent 1000 dirhams and we still have to get 3 chickens. Here they buy things in kilos and there was 8 kg of beef. We are catering for about 40 people. There is one extra now. He is Ammar's nephew Youssef from Agadir.  We haven't told anyone from Tafraoute where Ammar's sister Fatima lives but they are coming from Erfoud.

I did some washing today. It has to be done by hand in water and Tide, which seems to be the powder most widely used here.

Some thing I just wrote has gone. The cursor is still playing up. Ammar thinks that a dongle and a wire will be better so that we can use the laptop at home.

So I will finish now and wait here for Ammar who has gone to a cafe with Youssef.

No comments:

Post a Comment