Tuesday 23 March 2010

Silent Dongle

Ammar has joined the Aicha Gazelle Rallye. He has been working for it for the past two years. I got a phone call from him last Saturday to explain that he wouldn't be coming online because he was tired after walking to a spot in the dunes. He was certainly huffing and puffing. So I rang him on Monday and he was eating dinner at the bivouac at Alnif. He will be with the rallye for about a week. I must look it up on the net.

You can read about it on Wikipedia.

Ammar's job is to wait at one of the points that the drivers have to go to. He stamps their book or signs it. A bit of a lonely job I would say. I don't know how many participants he sees in a day. You can even follow the rallye live if you connect to the website - you can find it on Wikipedia. Somewhere on that map is Ammar's spot. I think they are now south west of Erg Chebbi in Merzouga.

Next time I visit Morocco I want to stay in a riad in Fes. I saw a lovely one on another blog. It's a good price too for the night. We will just go for the visa next time, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment