Saturday 11 September 2010

Returning

I have just done a preview and couldn't get back to this page. Also I forgot to save my blog.

So here I go again. Next Saturday I am flying out from Bristol with Ryanair, as usual for my 12th trip to Morocco. The plane lands at Marrakech, where I will be met by my lovely Ammar. We will probably stay at the Ibis there as it is near to the place where we have to catch the Supratour bus to Merzouga. The bus goes all the way there now so we don't have to break at Ourzazate and stay overnight. So Supratours now have two routes to Merzouga.,the other one is from Fes.

I will be travelling down by train on Friday - buying two tickets to make the journey cheaper. I expect I could do the journey on Saturday as the plane leaves in the afternoon but I would rather take it easy and stay overnight at the Ibis near Temple Meads Station.Maybe I could even find some charity shops to visit in the afternoon.

Ramadan is over now so Ammar is back to his usual self. I don't know how he manages to do it. I really admire muslims for taking it on. He sent me a lovely photo of Ayman, who is now lying on his back and chewing on melon rinds - his teeth must be on the way. I have been at home since February and so he is about 7 months now.
It would have been nice to have more photos of the kids but skype was sending files so slowly. The kids were all dressed up for Eid and Hamid wore a turban.

I am also getting excited about seeing Tricky and her new kittens. They were born after I left. I hope they are still there when I get there. My darling little Shrad died and I was very upset, but I have some photos of her and some nice memories, especially of her following us home and sleeping in the cardboard box Ammar put out for her. And jumping at the bees and eating them. And climbing up onto my shoulder.

My suitcase is almost packed. Just got to put some trousers in and maybe another top. I hope I am within the weight limit of 15kg. I am taking a smaller backpack so can't take so much in it. I left the larger one with Ammar.

Today I ironed and one of the things was a length of cloth that I will get another caftan and trousers made from. Its light yellow with green and red stars. It's cotton so I have washed it so that it will shrink before it's made up into garments.

On this visit I want to go to Chefchoaen - I hope I have spelled that correctly. I must look for a suitable place to stay on the net. I hope there are cheap riads.

Another thing I want to see is my black shawl, which is going around the family to be embroidered by the womenfolk. It will be unique.

I will be doing knitting - this time its hats not scarves. Last time I noticed that a stall in Rissani sells yarn already wound into balls. When I decided to take up knitting scarves I could only find wool in skeins and Rkia and Zohra helped me to wind the wool. I still have some and I have already knitted three hats from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment