Sunday 3 January 2010

Getting ready

I have two weeks before I go to Morocco for the 11th time. My aim this time is to help Ammar get a visa to the UK. I am in the process of assembling documents that will be needed there. What a palava!! I am putting them into a labelled folder just so that its easy to access them. I am doing photocopies too as the Moroccans are hot on those. Well actually I'm scanning the docs and then printing them. I'm basically lazy and would rather do anything at home if I can.

This afternoon I went out to buy some bubbles for his nieces and nephews. It makes a change from balloons and there were some jazzy looking containers in the Early Learning Centre. I would love to buy the children more things but I can only take so much on the plane. This time I will also amuse them with my butcher bird toy that I got from Brisbane. It makes the call of the bird when its pressed and its such a lovely sound.


My flight is booked on Ryanair. I am taking off from Bristol for a change. I usually go to Luton to get my Ryanair flight. Bristol is so much more convenient and the plane leaves at a sensible hour. The one from Luton always left at 6.30 a.m. and I always felt half drugged getting it. I will also be able to get on the train to Bristol which I will take in two stages as it is cheaper. First I go from Stourbridge Town to Worcester and then change for Bristol.


I have also booked a night at one of the Bristol Ibis hotels, It cost £27 which is a real bargain. Can't remember the cost of my return flight but it was pretty decent. I'm sure it was less than £100. Ammar will be coming to meet me at Marrakech and then we will either take an overnight bus or stay in Marrakech and go the next day.


This time I will not take a handbag just a small backpack. I have had enough of lugging my large backpack round. I will try my best to travel light with my suitcase too. I have a few clothes stashed away in Merzouga now. I am going for my usual six weeks and hope to go to the net every day to add to this blog. Meanwhile I am going to search for a good photo to add.



No comments:

Post a Comment