Sunday 17 January 2010

Staying in a riad

Now I am getting excited. I decided I wanted to stay in a riad for a change instead of good old Ibis in Marrakech. Ammar told me of one and he had just phoned them and reserved a room and I have reserved it too via their website. www.riadmarana.com


It looks lovely, as do all of the riads and it is very near the square Djemma El Fna. If you ever go to Morocco be sure to stay in a riad. We have stayed in two so far. One of them was in Essouira and it was great, just opened. The other one was in Marrakech and it was Riad Todra, but it is not open now. I don't know why. Anyway this Riad Marana was recommended by a friend of Ammar so I  expect it will be good. It looks good on their website.It will cost us 600 or 700 dirhams, but I'm not sure what that is in sterling.

My suitcase is almost packed, my backpack is almost packed. I just need to get up early tomorrow morning to get my lift to the bus stop. It is the low season now in Morocco but they still have sunshine and a bit of warmth

I have put the pictures up of the room I have reserved.

I'm going to add some photos



This is the square in the evening when the food stalls are out




 

Typical musicians in the square


 
The square closer to the food stalls


 
And this is something I think is needed

The map doesn't show Merzouga  but it does show Rissani, which is the nearest town.

No comments:

Post a Comment