Sunday 10 January 2010

Slowly getting things ready for Morocco. My suitcase is open on the sitting room floor. I've located my passport, I thought I'd lost it but I had left it in the suitcase as I knew I would be needing it soon.

The paperwork is coming on slowly. My printer isn't doing a good job as I have bought some cheap ink and it shows.

Had a bit of trouble talking to Ammar today. He got onto MSN but it wasn't working, then we tried skype but not much better so he changed computer and that did the trick although he couldn't see me. The best bit of news is that his kidney stone came out this morning. Hooray! Now he won't be getting the awful pain that he has to go to get an injection for. He showed it to me and it looked quite big.

Seems there is snow near Midelt. There is a way for him to get to Marrakech that doesn't involve going through Ourzazate, as that road to Marrakech must be full of snow. He can go to Beni Mellal.




I have bought a little blanket to cover our legs with as travelling on a Moroccan bus in winter is not pleasant. Last time I did it I was freezing. Ammar will bring his sleeping bag too for extra warmth. the 'cow' blanket would be nice but a bit big to carry. I will see if I can locate the photo of this lovely blanket.Still haven't found it but I did find a picture of snow in the Atlas mountains that I took a couple of years ago.

Yes I found the cow blanket pic. You can see why we called it that. I also got a nice duvet type thing called a cuette (not sure of the spelling) which kept us warm in Meknes. I have to be warm where ever I go.

I am just going to check Ryanair and download my boarding card.

Done it and put away in my little black purse. I forgot that you have to enter details about your passport onto the online checkin. But its all been done now.

Ammar has seen Tricky (my lovely Moroccan cat) but she didn't want him to touch her. I hope she will be friendly with me again. Maybe she is pregnant - this will be the third time. I think I will get her some dry food in Marrakech as you can't buy it in the south.

There is nothing really to indicate whether or not my flight will be cancelled. Its too early to tell - just over a week and 2 days to go.I have asked Paul to drive me to the bus stop as I don't fancy trundling my suitcase all the way to the main road. I will get the bus to Stourbridge, then the train from Stourbridge Town to the Junction and then go to Worcester. Easier really than going to Birmingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment